October 18 Event Benefits Families in Clay County
The live auction at this year’s 5th Annual Champions For Mercy Gala will include a number of unique trips and experiences sure to entice the adventurous and the travel fan. Whether it is driving a NASCAR racer, flying an air combat mission, or traveling to exotic Bali, there are exciting packages available for bid at the event.
The Mercy Gala will take place on Thursday, October 18, 2018 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Thrasher-Horne Center in Orange Park, FL. The Gala marks its fifth year with a starlight theme celebrating the way that Mercy Support Services can “Light the Path to Self-Sufficiency.”
The live auction will feature many interesting experiences, including a week at a 5-Star Mexican Resort Vacation Rental. The item includes a choice of two properties, one in Nuevo Vallarta or one at Riveira Maya. Each accommodates 6 adults and 2 children and includes water sports, golf, tennis, beaches, nature walks and tours, and much more.
The live auction will also include several consignment items, including:
- Four days, three nights in Washington, DC including an Old Town Trolley Tour of the capital’s landmarks. The trip includes hotel accommodations, daily breakfast and a two-day tour. Airfare is not include.
- A private winery tour in Napa, California including four days, 3 nights at the Meritage Resort & Spa, airfare for two, and a train ride through wine country featuring a gourmet three-course lunch. Tour the Grgich Hills Estate Winery Tour and enjoy wine tastings.
- Four days, three nights at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. The vacation includes airfare for two, a $250 gift card for dinner at Nobu, Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House or Fleming’s Steak House. Enjoy this unique luxury resort hotel and casino located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Relax in beautiful British Columbia, Canada for a five day, four night vacation at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. The trip includes roundtrip airfare for two, airport transfers from Vancouver to Whistler, daily breakfast and a gift card for $600 for ski lift tickets.
- An underwater adventure in Amed Bali is complemented by the serenity of an Indonesian retreat with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. Stay eight days and seven nights at the Jepun Bali Villas for two. The trip includes hotel, scuba lessons, a Balinese Massage, breakfast daily, welcome drinks on arrival, pool-side Balinese dinner, and more. This trip does not include airfare.
- The ultimate “Top Gun” experience in Mesa, Arizona is an Air Combat Mission for one. No experience is required! The package includes five air combat engagements, aircraft handling and G exercises on the Extra 300L Aerobatic Aircraft. You’ll get a video to bring home from your inflight experience. This package does not include airfare or hotel.
- Enjoy a NASCAR driving experience when you suit up and take 10 laps in a real NASCAR race car around a Super Speedway. You’ll receive instructions from a professional driver, a keepsake photo, and the thrill of a lifetime. Choose from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Darlington, SC, Fontana, CA, Fort Worth, TX, Miami, Nashville or Sparta, KY. This package does not include travel or hotel.
- A VIP trip for two to Hamilton on Broadway. It’s the hottest ticket on Broadway, and you can enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience with tickets to the show, dinner with two cast members at a popular Theater District restaurant, plus an in-theater meet and greet after the show. This trip does not include hotel or travel.
Information about opening bids is available on the Mercy website Gala Auction Items page. Because these are consignment items, Mercy receives only a portion of the bid proceeds.
The annual Gala is a signature fundraising event that attracts a sell-out crowd of Clay County residents, business owners, and community leaders who come together for an evening of dining, entertainment, and auctions. All proceeds from the event directly benefit families and children in Clay County who are served by Mercy Support Services.
The event begins with a reception and a silent auction at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner and a Cork Pull Drawing, along with other entertainment. The Keynote Speaker will be John Ashmen, president of Citygate Network (formerly the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions). Van Royal is the Honorary Chair of the Gala and JoLynn Carter is chairing the volunteer Gala Committee.
Tickets for the Gala are $100 per person and seating is limited. Sponsorships and tables are also available. Please RSVP at 904.701.7651 or to learn more about sponsorships or donating items to the auctions.
Mercy Support Services is a non-profit agency that assists families experiencing financial difficulties and helping them to achieve self-sufficiency. Mercy coordinates with many other non-profit agencies in the region to assist those in need and reduce duplication of services. Mercy assigns each family a Care Coach to guide them through the process and help them achieve self-sufficiency. Visit the website at www.mercysupportservices.org.